Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders' commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 70 years!
Northwest Community Credit Union serves members from offices in 14 locations across Oregon.
Northwest Community Credit Union recently announced plans to pursue a merger with TwinStar Credit Union of Lacey, WA. We continue to hire for all posted positions while taking into account the needs of our combined future organization. Pending a “Yes” member vote, NWCU employees will be combined with TwinStar employees at the time of our anticipated legal merger date, which is sometime in 2023. We’re eager to take advantage of the expanded opportunities for professional development and growth that the new organization can create, together.
Collections Representative/Member Solutions Specialist - Full Time (40 hours/week)
Wage: $19.47 - $22.14 (dependent upon knowledge, skills, and ability)
We provide an additional $2.00 per hour bilingual differential for those employees who are able to support our members' financial needs effectively in a second language; subject to verification of strong grasp of financial terms utilizing language skillset.
Position Primary Purpose:
The Member Solutions Specialist/Collections Representative performs all duties related to collections on delinquent accounts.
• Contact members with past due accounts, loans and Visa’s by phone and mail to discuss outstanding balances and payments, set up repayment schedules, and obtain payment from member within policy and procedure guidelines.
• Answer incoming member calls regarding delinquent accounts and make payment arrangements within policy and procedure guidelines.
• Close delinquent accounts, review and prepare negative shares report for charge-off. Follow-up on recovery and continued collection efforts of charged off accounts by telephone and mail.
• Review delinquent accounts and make recommendations of accounts for repossession or for charge off.
• Process incoming garnishments.
• Complete all required training successfully relative to the position within the appropriate time frame.
• All other duties as assigned.
A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a financial institution.
High School Diploma (GED equivalent) required.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to follow and provide oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work independently with general instruction.
• Must present a professional, business like appearance and manner.
• Must maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
Benefits & Other Compensation:
Employees (and their eligible family members) are eligible to enroll in a generous benefits package including health, vision, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Employees will also receive company provided life, AD&D, and long-term disability coverage and after 60 days may participate in the company’s 401(k) retirement plan where the company matches an employee’s contributions at 150%, up to 5%, after one year of service. Additionally, employees will receive up to 11 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, a minimum of 12 days of paid time off (PTO) each calendar year, and 13 weeks of paid leave used when on an approved state or federal protected leave or in compliance with company policy.
The hired applicant will also be eligible for role specific variable compensation in accordance with the established plan documents.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled