Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders' commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 60 years.
Northwest Community Credit Union has 14 locations in Oregon. The credit union serves members from offices in Albany, Bend, Cottage Grove, Eugene, Grants Pass, Medford, North Bend, Oregon City, Portland, Roseburg and Springfield.
Come join our team and flourish:
• Dedicated focus on employee personal and professional development
• Fun and rewarding work environment
• Generous benefits package for employees and dependents
• Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Protected Leave for up to 12 weeks
• 401(k) with up to 7.5% company match
• Company paid continuing education
• Tuition assistance
• And much more!
Position Primary Purpose:
Provides support through the assisting in the design and development of application components; tests and documents software. Works with the lead Software Developer to write, modify and debug software applications.
• Assists with the development of software solutions by studying information needs. Confers with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes. Participates in investigating problem areas following the software development life cycle.
• Works on simple to intermediate complex software programs.
• Helps determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Participates in the development of documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charges, code comments, and clear code to demonstrate solutions.
• Configures and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Assists with improving operations by conducting systems analysis. Recommends changes in policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
• Uses tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
• Assists with developing high-level product specification with attention to system integration and feasibility.
• Defines all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
• Mentors Software Developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps.
• Participates in building and deploying cloud services for Azure and AWS.
• Assists with designs, builds, and upgrades existing and new Web Services using REST, SOAP, and API.
• Helps architect and design software and systems to meet the needs of the credit union.
• Understands emerging web and mobile development models.
• Debugs distributed systems with high data loads and presents solutions to be implements.
• Participates on project teams in the development and maintenance of future projects.
• All other duties as assigned.
A minimum of four (4) years’ experience as an applications programmer on large-scale database management systems. Experience writing SQL queries for Oracle and SQL Server or another relational database required. Must have experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies. Experience working with Oracle Business Intelligence and Reporting Services.
Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field required.
• Ability to contribute to plan and implement changes to core transactional and reporting systems while minimizing negative impact on users.
• Experience with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
• Proven understanding of distributed data model and Software as a Service (SaaS).
• Experience with design, development and implementation of unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development.
• Ability to use version control software such as GIT and SVN.
• Excellent knowledge of UML, BPM and other modeling methods.
• Knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and understand many diverse systems and processes.
• Strong understanding banking principles and processes.
• Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Strong technical documentation skills.
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.