Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders' commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 60 years.
Northwest Community Credit Union has 14 locations in Oregon. The credit union serves members from offices in Albany, Bend, Cottage Grove, Eugene, Grants Pass, Medford, North Bend, Oregon City, Portland, Roseburg and Springfield.
Come join our team and flourish:
• Dedicated focus on employee personal and professional development
• Fun and rewarding work environment
• Generous benefits package for employees and dependents
• Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Protected Leave for up to 12 weeks
• 401(k) with up to 7.5% company match
• Company paid continuing education
• Tuition assistance
• And much more!
Position Primary Purpose:
The Member Solutions Representative performs all duties related to collections on delinquent accounts.
• Contact members with past due accounts, loans and Visa’s by phone and mail to discuss outstanding balances and payments, set up repayment schedules, and obtain payment from member within policy and procedure guidelines.
• Answer incoming member calls regarding delinquent accounts and make payment arrangements within policy and procedure guidelines.
• Close delinquent accounts, review and prepare negative shares report for charge-off. Follow-up on recovery and continued collection efforts of charged off accounts by telephone and mail.
• Review delinquent accounts and make recommendations of accounts for repossession or for charge off.
• Process incoming garnishments.
• Complete all required training successfully relative to the position within the appropriate time frame.
• All other duties as assigned.
A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in a financial institution.
High School Diploma (GED equivalent) required.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to follow and provide oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work independently with general instruction.
• Must present a professional, business like appearance and manner.
• Must maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.