Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders' commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 60 years.
Northwest Community Credit Union has 14 locations in Oregon. The credit union serves members from offices in Albany, Bend, Cottage Grove, Eugene, Grants Pass, Medford, North Bend, Oregon City, Portland, Roseburg and Springfield.
Come join our team and flourish:
• Dedicated focus on employee personal and professional development
• Fun and rewarding work environment
• Generous benefits package for employees and dependents
• Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Protected Leave for up to 12 weeks
• 401(k) with up to 7.5% company match
• Company paid continuing education
• Tuition assistance
• And much more!
Financial Services Specialist / Member Service Specialist
Position Primary Purpose:
Delivers Uncommon Care Service Standards by providing quality service, promoting member advocacy, and continually focusing on improvement with member perception of service delivery. Consistently follows operational processes and procedures when handling member transactions. Supports growth objectives by representing the credit union in a professional manner.
• Approaches, welcomes, and engages all visitors who come into the branch. Manages the traffic flow of members with a sense of urgency to provide minimal wait times.
• Engages members and visitors through asking relevant and meaningful questions, getting to know their needs, making appropriate product and service recommendations, and developing customized follow-up plan with the member as appropriate.
• Opens new member accounts, including certificate of deposits (CDs), money market, checking, and savings accounts.
• Submits and books unsecured consumer loan applications and answers basic questions regarding rates, terms, on all other consumer loan products.
• Performs basic IRA transactions including withdrawals and deposits.
• Opens new business accounts for Sole Proprietorships. Identifies other business account opportunities and coordinates referrals to appropriate team or team member.
• Explains the differences between a Home Equity Loan and Mortgage Loan to members and coordinates referrals to appropriate team or team member.
• Balances daily teller transactions and all other member transaction activity. Processes cash orders, completes wire transactions, issues debit cards, balances ATM, cash recyclers, and vault.
• Records detailed notes to document member interactions, complex situations, and transactions to minimize lapse in employee communication or member service.
• Participates in credit union initiatives and promotions to achieve assigned financial service goals.
• Understands and complies with federal and other regulations relating to financial products and services as well as NWCU policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
• Participates in training activities to ensure compliance with credit union policies, state, and federal regulations.
• Answers calls and emails in a timely and professional manner.
• All other duties as assigned.
A minimum of six (6) months experience in a customer service and cash handling role, preferably in a credit union environment.
High school diploma (GED equivalent) required. Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses in business or finance a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to deepen relationships with members.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze, research, and resolve problems and discrepancies.
• Demonstrate flexibility and a positive attitude when faced with complex situations.
• Manage time efficiently and take initiative within the branch; seek opportunities to develop or enhance knowledge.
• Ability to adapt to changes, prioritize competing demands and multitask.