Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders' commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 60 years.
Northwest Community Credit Union has 14 locations in Oregon. The credit union serves members from offices in Albany, Bend, Cottage Grove, Eugene, Grants Pass, Medford, North Bend, Oregon City, Portland, Roseburg and Springfield.
Come join our team and flourish:
• Dedicated focus on employee personal and professional development
• Fun and rewarding work environment
• Generous benefits package for employees and dependents
• Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Protected Leave for up to 12 weeks
• 401(k) with up to 7.5% company match
• Company paid continuing education
• Tuition assistance
• And much more!
Position Primary Purpose:
Assists Security, Risk, & Loss Prevention Manager in supervising and coordinating daily, weekly, monthly tasks/projects of the Security, Risk, & Loss Prevention Department. Provides leadership and mentorship by supervising and coordinating projects, activities, and daily operations while performing a variety of duties and tasks.
• Reviews, analyzes, resolves and escalates Risk/Fraud related issues, managing resources, assigning tasks, duties and projects, while being available as a go-to representative for Security, Risk, and Loss Prevention team, Contact Center and other departments.
• Ensures staff is trained in the policies, procedures, and regulations and appropriately performs a series of reviews utilizing various tools and reports to identify potential fraudulent activities on new/existing member accounts
• Researches and resolves complex member issues by analyzing data, identifying trends, and making the necessary updates to mitigate fraud.
• Ensures new products, services and systems are appropriately tested and implemented to ensure ongoing adherence to established risk tolerances.
• Communicates process and procedural changes to enhance efficiency, meet deadlines, and lead high quality interactions while ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements.
• Ensures all investigation actions are resolved in compliance with industry regulations and credit union procedures, integrity levels of the departments system and financial controls and within the required timeframes.
• Performs various quality control reviews and monitoring in the area of Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Customer Identification Program compliance.
• Conducts ongoing analysis of department workflows and tasks to recommend improvements and processes for efficiencies.
• Provides support and guidance to vendor owners and risk assessment specialist related to the Vendor Management Program and Risk Assessment Program.
• Responsible for the organization’s physical security systems: camera systems, alarm systems, and access control system.
• Responsible for overseeing the successful completion of document requests from outside organizations.
• Monitors employee queues for effectiveness and efficiency.
• All other duties as assigned.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a leadership role at a financial institution or investigations field required. Preferably in a BSA, compliance, collection and/or fraud department. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in physical security or asset protection preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience in business management or criminal justice may substitute education requirement.
• Ability to supervise, train and motivate assigned staff and to maintain an efficient schedule of workflow.
• Ability to read and understand banking policies, procedures, written instructions, general correspondence; etc.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in interpreting policies and procedures, dealing effectively with upset members and staff, and making exceptions as required.
• Ability to manage time effectively, manages multiple projects, and complete work within established deadlines.
• Ability to perform detailed, analytical work.
• Ability to perform public speaking with internal and outside organizations.
• Highly organized and efficient worker; skilled at multi-tasking.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, querying of databases, and case management software.
• Strong communication skills both oral and written.
• Must present a professional, business-like manner and appearance.