Northwest Community Credit Union believes in providing our employees an environment where they can flourish personally and professionally. We are proud that we have never lost sight of our founders' commitment to providing each individual, and our community, with uncommon care. Join a team with a rich heritage of serving our region for more than 60 years.
Northwest Community Credit Union has 14 locations in Oregon. The credit union serves members from offices in Albany, Bend, Cottage Grove, Eugene, Grants Pass, Medford, North Bend, Oregon City, Portland, Roseburg and Springfield.
Come join our team and flourish:
• Dedicated focus on employee personal and professional development
• Fun and rewarding work environment
• Generous benefits package for employees and dependents
• Company paid Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Protected Leave for up to 12 weeks
• 401(k) with up to 7.5% company match
• Company paid continuing education
• Tuition assistance
• And much more!
Position Primary Purpose:
Responsible for the management and development of a profitable residential real estate lending channel that is relevant to our members’ needs.
• Develop and lead department goals and direction to ensure clear understanding of rules, regulations, requirements and expectations. Ensures that the department provides exceptional member service by exceeding member and referral source expectations.
• Develops and leads efforts to ensure Mortgage Lending team meets and exceeds established goals for new loan production, loan balance growth, processing efficiencies and member satisfaction for the department.
• Ensures that all residential mortgage lending (consisting of first mortgage, construction one-time close, and home equity loans) functions are in conformance with Credit Union policies and procedures; legal and regulatory requirements.
• Engages in external leadership efforts through community partnerships and organizations to build awareness of the Credit Union’s presence in the mortgage industry.
• Develops programs to increase financial literacy for our members including first-time homebuyer presentations. Maintains strong relationship with branch employees to provide resources and enable quality referrals.
• All other duties as assigned.
A minimum of seven (7) years’ in mortgage loan origination experience, with emphasis on recent mortgage regulations such as Truth in Lending Act (TRID), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), and Qualified Mortgage (QM) Loans required. Past roles showing a progression of increasing responsibility with a minimum of three (3) years in a management/leadership role preferred. Previous management role with responsibility for creating functional strategies and specific objectives for the department desired.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong company advocate with the ability to influence, motivate, and coach all levels within the organization.
• Consistently exercise judgement within broadly defined policies and practices.
• Strong, creative leader and effective team builder.
• Strong communicator and active listener.
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
• Strong continuous improvement mindset.